CVA is a top surgical group in Texas' Rio Grande Valley, comprised of Ruben Lopez, MD, FACS and other associates. CVA surgeons specialize in the acute care in cardiac, thoracic, vascular, pediatric, general and trauma surgery.
Dr. Ruben Lopez performs operations on the heart and blood vessels of the body. There are many different types of operations on the heart, and may include replacement of heart valves, or bypasses of blocked coronary arteries. Training in the specialization of cardiovascular surgery involves the completion of a general surgery residency program followed by two or three more years of specialized training in all of the aspects of heart, blood vessel and chest surgery.
Specific Surgeries include:
- Cardiac surgery of the coronary artery (bypass)
- Surgical treatment of valvular heart disease
- Surgical treatment of artery problems for lower extremity occlusion, abdominal, thoracic and aortic aneurysms
- Surgical treatment of carotid artery problems
- Microvascular surgery for diabetic leg ulcers
- Endoscopic treatment of thoracic diseases
- Endoscopic treatment of abdominal diseases
- Permanent Transvenous pacemaker insertion and follow-up care
Other services Dr. Ruben Lopez provides include: